Sunday, April 10, 2011

Half way there!

Where did I ride:  here


Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 81.62 km (50.7 mi)
Moving Time: 3:15:55
Average Moving Speed: 25.00 km/h (15.5 mi/h)
Max Speed: 64.80 km/h (40.3 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 746 m (2447 ft)



The Ride:
This was probably one of the best rides I've ever been on.  The usual crew of C and L grew to some more - we had a fairly large paceline going in the beginning.  About 14 miles in was the first SAG stop, we grabbed some food, and got back on the track pretty quickly.  One of the coaches caught up to us and got us started on a double paceline - it was fantastic.  We were flying and it made us forget about the many many miles we were biking.  I didn't have my computer on my bike, but I heard from L that we were going about 27mph in the double paceline.  It was a large group of us too, there has to be 10-12 cyclists.  We hit some small hills and the paceline broke up - we tried a couple more times to get the double paceline again but we couldn't quite get it as good as that first time.  The ride was really great - it was very "polleny" and at times very humid - on the car ride home it was 90 degrees - yikes!!  I'm glad we bike in the morning.  After the ride we had a BBQ at the park that we started at Hard Labor Creek State Park, and I don't think I've ever had a better tasting hot dog.

I still can't believe I biked 50 miles!!  And then I realize I can't believe that's only halfway to the 100 miles I will be biking in June!!  

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! Look at you go! I'm so sorry I missed this weekend, but you must have been flying! I'm going to be there on Thursday, unless I break a leg or something... will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes - i plan to be there Thursday :-) See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and please don't break a leg...I enjoy riding with you...plus, it would probably hurt.

    ReplyDelete