Sunday, April 24, 2011

232.3 Miles of update...

whoops! It's been awhile since I've updated.  Here's a quick recap:


Sunday April 10th I rode here.  It was the recovery ride from the 50 mile ride.  I rode with the old crew - L and K.  It was a great ride and so wonderful to ride with them again.


Thursday April 14th I rode here.  I had a terrible day in general and I was not in the mood for the ride.  I started out really fast and lost my steam near the end.  But...at the end of the ride I felt a lot better.  And that's when M and I discovered PorkSlap Ale!


Saturday April 16th we rode in Silk Sheets again.  When the ride started, I did not start My Tracks so I did not track the entire ride :-(...which sucks even more because we took off really really fast with a fast group and I would LOVE to know our average speed.  L sent me her heart monitor information but since I've been so lax about updating the blog, I haven't even looked at the stats.  After the first SAG stop, L, C and I decided it was time to slow it down a bit - we were going too fast, we wouldn't have enough steam for the entire ride.  I'm glad we did this.  In the end, we ended up still making great time, and since we didn't make the second stop at the SAG, we got back rather quickly.  C had a mishap with her cleat getting stuck in her pedal, but thank goodness that wasn't realized until we were back in the parking lot.


Sunday April 17th was the recovery ride for Silk Sheets, we rode intown.  M and I showed up to ride and we were secretly hoping that no one else would show up so that we could take it easy, do about 20 miles and call it quits - we were both tired.  G showed up and was on board with that and lead us on a great 20 miles.  Then we ate at Le Petit Marche - it was super tasty.  Great day, great ride.


Thursday April 21st was the Brookhaven route.  Again, I wasn't really into riding but over all this was pretty good ride.  M was having some shoe issues and I was more than happy to cut out 5 miles and call it a night.


Kari and our Japanese maple
Saturday April 23rd we rode in Peachtree City.  It was a fantastic ride.  It started out overcast and misty, but this ended up being great riding weather.  We had a pretty great ride, with a great pace.  We worked on keeping our paceline and rotating quickly instead of getting stuck in the front for long periods of time. I think we did a great job.  After the ride we went to a pool party at one of the TNT cyclist's houses - it was great.  M and I carpooled so that she could leave her dog at my house so Aje could let her out.  Unfortunately, M was sweeping this ride so she didn't actually finish until about 2.5 hours after I did.  In the end, it all worked out, food was still warm and we had a GREAT time in the pool.


Sunday April 24th we had our Stone Mountain recovery ride and L showed up!!  The old crew meets the new crew!  It was quite an interesting ride.  We had several new people ride with us, it was Easter morning and the group was pretty big, there were children who rode with us (awesome kids) for about the first 30 min or so, one of them was even leading us!  Then on the way back from the mountain we picked up a cyclist who was having issues with her tire so we helped her our and she ended up riding back with us a good portion of the way.  We got slightly lost without our guide, but thanks to My Tracks we were able to look up a past ride to find the way home.  We ran into some bad road work, the streets were grooved and not fun to ride on, so we finished on a not so high note, but I still think it was a great ride.  And another terrific brunch from Le Petit Marche.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment