Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wazzzzzuuuupppp

Where did I ride? From the Budweiser Plant in Cartersville.


Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 70.76 km (44.0 mi)
Moving Time: 2:49:22
Average Moving Speed: 25.07 km/h (15.6 mi/h)
Max Speed: 43.20 km/h (26.8 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 592 m (1943 ft)



The Ride:
Again - the longest ride of my life!! I did not want to get out of bed this morning.  If I wasn't raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I can tell you that there is a good chance I would not have.  But I'm so glad I did, this was a fantastic ride.  It started out a little chilly but at the SAG stop we stripped down to comfortable clothes.  The ride was really really great.  We started out with a pretty large paceline which eventually split up into 2 lines.  I rode with C and L again and A joined us.  We all rode really well.  My bike started to ghost shift again - woohoo.  I need to clean it and get it tuned up - so I'm taking it in tomorrow.  Unfortunately that means I wont' be able to ride tomorrow - but I can still go to Spin at the Y.


The second half of the ride was also great - G rode with us and he really pushed us to go faster than we normally go.  He also pushed us to stay in a good paceline - making sure we slowed down when there was a gap, etc.  Then when we were within a mile of the plant, G reminded us of how short we had to go and suggested to GO FAST - so we did.  L took off like a rocket - I tried with all my might to keep up with her but I could not.  I started to lose some steam and realized I may have shot out of the gate too fast - but then I saw the plant, my end goal, and that was enough for me to scrounge up some more energy. 


After the ride, C and L shared a tasty sandwich with me and we hung out to chat.  What a beautiful day today!!  I'm so proud of my stats also - 2mph over our normal speed :-)

2 comments:

  1. did you pick up a 6 pack before the ride?!?! WAKAKAKAKA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo....definitely not BEFORE the ride, too much drag!

    ReplyDelete