Monday, March 28, 2011

Group Training Ride - Longest Ride of my LIFE!

Literally.  And mentally.

Where did I ride? here

Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 65.77 km (40.9 mi)
Moving Time: 3:00:34
Average Moving Speed: 21.85 km/h (13.6 mi/h)
Max Speed: 52.20 km/h (32.4 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 910 m (2986 ft)


The Ride:
I'm just going to put it bluntly - this ride was terrible.  It was slightly chilly and on the verge of rain with some misting throughout.  My legs felt heavy and useless.  I felt like this was the worst ride I have ever ridden - though I ended up being surprised by my stats - average moving speed of 13.6 mph is NOT BAD at all!  

This was a huge milestone for me - I've never ridden 40 miles before - not only did it feel like a long ride, but it was literally the longest ride of my life.  I rode with C, L, and D for the whole ride - it was great riding with them.  They are so positive and we kept a good pace because we had each other.  When it got tough at the end we all worked together to make sure we were all successful in finishing the ride.

Talking with M after the ride, while she was in a group well ahead of us, she had a similar situation, seems like it was just a tough day to ride.  

Looking forward to Thursday - hoping to have an uneventful, fantastic Thursday night ride.

1 comment:

  1. Yea yea yea!!! I'm so proud of and excited for you! See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete