Monday, March 28, 2011

Thursday Night Ride - A Mess!

I have no stats from this ride.  I got stuck in terrible traffic and JUST made it to the ride.  At each stop light along the way I was looking for things I could prep to be ready for the ride.  The first red light I put on my biking gloves.  The second red light I took my pants off - I don't make a habit of walking around in just spandex.  The third red light I put on my left cycling shoe.  And so on...I almost put on my helmet but figured that might be taking it a little far.  When I arrived I was in such a hurry that I forgot to start My Tracks.  It was probably better that way.


The ride started off okay, but then my bike started ghost shifting a LOT.  To the point where I was riding alone - at the end of the pack just waiting for the first loop to be over because it was time to bail.  I wasn't getting a good work out, it wasn't fun, and I was getting just plain frustrated.  I caught up to the group at the end of the first loop and told G I was going to head back.  He asked why and I explained my shifting issues.  He put his bike to the side and started working on my bike...he was twisting and tightening things and just as he was almost done L, C, C, L & D showed up.  I had thought they were ahead of me!  G ended up fixing my shifting issues and we were off for the second loop.  Oh it was so night to ride CORRECTLY!  No ghost shifting, no turned seat.  It was great.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! I just saw how much you've raised, you're doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete