Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beyond Six Flags - Group Training Ride

Where did I ride? here

Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 57.45 km (35.7 mi)
Moving Time: 2:42:43
Average Moving Speed: 21.18 km/h (13.2 mi/h)
Max Speed: 52.23 km/h (32.5 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 908 m (2981 ft)
Max Grade: 9 %
Min Grade: -11 %



The Ride:
The focus of this ride was to ride with a group and maintain a pace.  I rode with L and C and along the way we picked up K.  We focused on pacelining and the pace was great.  For me, I was personally trying to keep a solid pace - not going in bursts as I have in the past.  This proved harder than I thought - there were times i wanted to go faster, and times I wanted to go slower.  There was a hill at the end I almost didn't make it up - but thank goodness C was there to provide some encouraging words.
  
We did have one minor accident along the ride, there was a quick stop/slowdown from the paceline and we had a rider fall to the curb and on to the sidewalk.  This is a possibility when riding in a paceline and that's why it's so important to communicate.  


Also - my bike started ghost shifting at times - I'll have to have that looked at this week.  Looking forward to Thursday as I hope to make the Thursday night ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment