Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Ride!!

Where did I ride?  here

Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 33.24 km (20.7 mi)
Moving Time: 1:32:16
Average Moving Speed: 21.61 km/h (13.4 mi/h)
Max Speed: 45.04 km/h (28.0 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 448 m (1470 ft)
Max Grade: 9 %
Min Grade: -8 %



The Ride:
Woohoo!! I'm so glad I was able to make the first midweek Brookhaven ride.  I was even a little early - this gives me hope that I'll be able to make it in the future.  As we were waiting to get going, my bike fell over while it was leaned up against the car....no biggie, picked it up, got on it, started the ride.  About halfway into it my back on my left side really started to hurt, so did my left quad and hip flexor. I chalked it up to not working out in the morning since the time change, I haven't been able to get my lazy butt out of bed in the morning. 

When we almost had the parking lot in sight, meaning we were super dooper close to the end, one of the coaches asked me if my seat was turned...and then it clicked - my bike had fallen over.  I looked down and sure enough my seat was not straight, it was angled to the left - thus causing my back and leg pain.  I'm a terrible symptom noticer.


Anyway- the ride was still pretty good, the weather was absolutely fantastic!  Sun was out, mid-to-low 70s - perfecto!  It was also great to see some familiar faces - M was there (of course - yay!), L, D, C....all good eggs.  We all stayed to eat and have a beer after the ride - it was a lot of fun.


I hope I can make it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment