Monday, March 14, 2011

Silk Sheets - Group Training Ride

Where did I ride: here


Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 56.60 km (35.2 mi)
Moving Time: 2:32:12
Average Moving Speed: 22.31 km/h (13.9 mi/h)
Max Speed: 54.00 km/h (33.6 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 771 m (2530 ft)



The Ride:
The ride on Saturday was fantastic!  It started off a little chilly - I was able to shed some layers at our SAG stop.  I rode with M & D for the first half of the ride.  We worked on riding in a pace line for a little and then spent the rest of the time chatting.  We ended up spending a decent amount of time at the SAG stop because D had a flat tire and he was able to patch it.  This was good to watch as I have never had to patch a tire.


The second half of the ride was pretty great too, K is one of the coaches and she joined our group.  When she was leading the paceline we were FLYING, it was really hard to keep up with her - in fact, I could not.  She slowed up and then we rode a more manageable pace.  


I felt great after the ride - I also manged to figure out how to program the location of the church at Silk Sheets into my car so I don't have to look up directions every time - yay technology!



No comments:

Post a Comment