Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quilt Journey is Almost Complete!

Since that last quilt post I have added the white border to the quilt,  I also created the back of the quilt.  I hope it would be all green but I apparently didn't do the math right so I added some purple blocks on the back.


Quilt backing


After that, it was time to quilt!  I layered the backing, batting and top of the quilt.  I choose to stitch in the ditch around the zigzag "journey" line on the front.  I forgot how difficult that can be when working with a lot of fabric.  This is only my second quilt, so I haven't figured out all the best practices yet.


Quilting a lot of fabric on a small machine can be...interesting


After I quilted the top zigzag, I went around the quilt and stitched in the ditch of the white border. 

Quilting complete!


Next step is to trim the edges and add the binding!

3 comments:

  1. I love how the quilting just makes everything pop! Looks great, Valie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- totally impressed, Val! Congratulations, the quilt looks beautiful. I love the purple and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Antara, I'm pretty proud of it!! So great to hear from you!! I hope you, Zoe and Matt are doing well!

    ReplyDelete