Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Group Training Ride - Hardest Ride Ever

Where did I ride: here


Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 103.28 km (64.2 mi)
Moving Time: 5:05:02
Average Moving Speed: 20.31 km/h (12.6 mi/h)
Max Speed: 60.30 km/h (37.5 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 1984 m (6508 ft)



The Ride:
Ouch!  Wow, after the recent flat rides we've been having this was an extremely humbling experience.  This ride was tough - my legs ached, the hills were sucky, and the worst part was that it was one loop done twice!!  So after the first 31 mile hilly loop we had the SAG stop back at our cars (it would have been so easy to stop) and we had to go out there and do it again.  During the first loop, traffic was terrible.  We were stuck with a ton of cars, our group got broken up - but we met back up at the SAG.  The second loop was just overall an extremely hard experience...both mentally and physically.  I had a hard time with the mental aspect of this ride... each hill in the first loop I was trying to file away so i could prepare better for it on the 2nd loop but in the end there ended up being too many to keep track of.


At the end of the ride, I texted Aje and told him I was going to be useless for the rest of the day - which was completely accurate.  Looking back now - I'm really proud of how hard I worked and the fact that I completed both. I'm also glad to have my riding buddies - C & L (even though at the end of the both loops she was far ahead)!, and L.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! From the stats, I am totally impressed. I bet you are looking SO buff these days :) and doing a great thing for mankind. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete