Until tonight. And now, half of the quilt top is sew together...woohoo!!
This year's quilt is employing a new method of sewing zigzags. Last year used squares and triangles sewn together and positioned appropriately to make the zigzags. This year, I'm trying something different. This quilt involved cutting strips of fabric and sewing them 2 by 2 together. Each long strip was then cut into 7 squares of 6.5 in by 6.5 inches. Then those squares were positioned to create the zigzag. The squares were then sewn together in a diagonal strip, and then each strip was sew together.
|Half of the diagonal strips sewn together|
*Oh, and I know there is a mistake in the quilt, for those of you who see it...but I didn't see it until I took this picture and I'm not taking all that apart. Especially because it's mostly in the "waste" section.