Saturday, February 12, 2011

All Sport Group Training Session

Where did I ride?  here.

Ride Stats:
Before Shot
Total Distance: 33.12 km (20.6 mi)
Moving Time: 1:58:53
Avg Moving Speed: 16.72 km/h (10.4 mi/h)
Max Speed: 37.84 km/h (23.5 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 567 m (1860 ft)
Recorded: Sat Feb 12 08:13:00 EST 2011
Falls: 0 !!!!

The Ride:
This morning, while not rainy or wet like last time....was FREEZING.  Literally.  My car said 31 degrees.  Today all the team in training participants met at Piedmont Park and we rode out to Decatur and back.  My goal for the ride was to follow Rod's advice, don't try to beat the hill.  We had been told this would be a more hilly ride - so I was prepared.  The ride was great - I really focused on using my gears correctly and I felt the difference - the hills did not seem nearly as bad as that 2 small hills felt last week.

My face felt fine this ride, it was my toes that I thought were going to fall off!  I ordered some wool socks to keep my tootsies warmer on the ride....oh how I wish they had arrived before the ride this morning.

Super Cold After Shot
The end of the ride, all the TNT participants gathered for a picnic, it was still cold...freezing in fact.  We chatted and stood around fighting for sun spots to keep warm.

Tomorrow is an easy 15 mi ride...in the afternoon so hopefully I won't freeze again!


No comments:

Post a Comment