Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saturday Training Ride - Vinings

Where did I ridehere

Ride Stats:
None :-(  The stats my phone took were very wrong.
28ish miles.

Megan and I before the ride


The Ride:
Brrr.....after the 70s weather we saw over the last week, I was surprised at the 36 degree weather so I bundled up!!  The ride started out to a rough start.  About a mile into the ride my chain fell off...boooo.  After some help from another cyclist I was back on the road again and I caught up to the group I rode with last week.  The hills in this ride were really tough.  I did not do a good job using my gears and my bike was extra squeaky.  About 1/3rd of the way into the ride, there was some confusion over which direction to go and one of the cyclists fell pretty hard.  After we made sure she was okay we headed off to the SAG stop.  At this point we started talking about how the ride was pretty hard and we were told that the 2nd half of the ride was harder.  Yikes!  The coach then suggested another route that is still hilly but not as steep.  While I wanted to try the hills, the rest of the group I was with did not.  About 20 min into the second half, I too was glad we didn't do the steeper hills.

At the end of the ride, I realized how much stopping our group had done to wait for others to catch up.  I think next week I need to find another group to ride with.  I also realized that I was really really hot!!  The 36 degrees had changed to 50 something degree weather.

We started the ride at Atlanta Cycling so afterwards I had them look at my bike and I bought some lube - no more squeaky chain!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment