Monday, February 14, 2011

First Sunday Recovery Ride

Where did I ride? here


Ride Stats:
Total Distance: 23.81 km (14.8 mi)
Moving Time: 1:29:08
Average Moving Speed: 16.02 km/h (10.0 mi/h)
Max Speed: 22.50 km/h (14.0 mi/h)
Elevation Gain: 333 m (1092 ft)
Recorded: Sun Feb 13 13:09:12 EST 2011

Falls: 0


The Ride
I met up with M and T on the Silver Comet starting at Smyrna bikes.  M talked bike tech to T and I helping us become more familiar with clipping in and out of our pedals and using our gears appropriately.  I was really impressed with M's teaching skills also.  She has a lot of patience and technical knowledge and fun little antidotes.  


Overall the ride was good - T is hilarious and has a great story of how she got involved with TNT.  Her sister's Leukemia is in remission and she actually rode the Lake Tahoe ride last year with TNT - training in another state.  T's sister asked for Christmas that T quit smoking, lose weight, get in shape, ride Tahoe with her this year, and truly LIVE each day - and that's what she's doing.  T quit smoking last week and is out biking with TNT.  


The ride was a little short and a little slow, but I think the personal benefits of the ride outweighed the physical ones.  Sunday night I felt great.  Of course, part of that could have been from the massage I had later that evening - my husbands Groupon was going to expire so I got to use it....it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment