Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cross Training

This morning I completed Week 2, Day 1 of a couch to 5K program - according to my Android app C25K Lite - not sure if the lite refers to the training schedule or if the lite refers to the fact that the app is free.  Either way, my total time on the treadmill was 32 minutes - 5 minute brisk warm up, 90 sec jog and 2 min walk (repeat), followed by a 5 min cool down. ( And in case you are wondering, I also completed Week 1 Days 1-3 - I didn't just start with Week 2. :-)  )

I'm a terrible runner - I've never been good at it and frankly it bores me.  I do realize it is good exercise  In the past I've competed in sprint triathlons, unfortunately running is also a part of that.  While I'm training and getting in shape for the century, the added cardio can only help me.  I'm also taking part in the Warrior Dash this year - which is basically a 5K with lots of obstacles along the way - I'm really excited about that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment